1 CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
2 CHANGES TO OUR SITE
- 2.1 We may update our site from time to time, and we may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
- 2.2 We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
3 ACCESSING OUR SITE
- 3.1 Our site is made available free of charge.
- 3.2 We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted.
- 3.3 We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change any and all part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.4 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
4 YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD
- 4.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 4.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us on the email (s) provided below.
5 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 5.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
- 5.2 The use of any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text is strictly prohibited. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- 5.3 You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
6 LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- 6.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 6.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- 6.3.1 Use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- 6.3.2 Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- 6.4 We only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 6.5 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 6.6 We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
7 LINKING TO OUR SITE
- 7.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- 7.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 7.3 You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- 7.4 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- 7.5 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 7.6 If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us on the email (s) provided below.
8 THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON OUR SITE
- 8.1 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- 8.2 We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9 APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 10.1 Shared Accommodation Providers Association (trading as SAPA) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
11 DATA PROTECTION
Information That We Collect on the Website
When you visit the website we may recognise your IP address. Cookies are used to ensure the smooth running of the website but no information is used to personally identify you.
Only if you complete the online form will we see any other information that you supply for correspondence purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure Information
We exercise great care when we manage Personal Data and only authorised staff can have access to this. We do not and will not sell, share or rent any personal information with anyone unless legal consent or authority requires us to do so. Once you terminate your involvement with us we do not make further use of your information. If you want to make sure you can exercise any of your rights outlined bellowed.
Outline of Your Rights in the GDPR
- Article 6(1) - gives you the right to prevent the use of your Personal Data in certain situations. For an example, for marketing purposes.
- Article 15 - Gives you right to ask about the processing of and access to your Personal Data when you want.
- Article 16 - Gives you the right to ask for inaccurate data to be corrected.
- Article 17 - Gives you the right to ask for the deletion of any Personal Data without delay in particular situations. For an example, once you want to cease association and activities with the company and there is no other legal justification for the process of your Personal Data.
- Article 18 - If you are against the processing of your Personal Data you can ask to have it restricted.
- Article 20 - In some cases you reserve the right request and receive a portable (machine friendly) transferable format of your Personal Data. You can ask us to or transfer your own information freely.
Links to Other WebsitesOther websites are featured and linked here but we do not speak for them and vice versa.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy and confidentiality from unauthorised access and improper use.
13 YOUR RIGHTS
- 12.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the email(s) provided below.
- 12.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
14 ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 15.2 Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers. This means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies.