1 CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
2 CHANGES TO OUR SITE
- 2.1 We may update our site from time to time, and we may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
- 2.2 We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
3 ACCESSING OUR SITE
- 3.1 Our site is made available free of charge.
- 3.2 We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted.
- 3.3 We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change any and all part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.4 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
4 YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD
- 4.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 4.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us on the email (s) provided below.
5 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 5.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
- 5.2 The use of any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text is strictly prohibited. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- 5.3 You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
6 LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- 6.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 6.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- 6.3.1 Use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- 6.3.2 Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- 6.4 We only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 6.5 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 6.6 We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
7 LINKING TO OUR SITE
- 7.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- 7.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 7.3 You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- 7.4 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- 7.5 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 7.6 If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us on the email (s) provided below.
8 THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON OUR SITE
- 8.1 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- 8.2 We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9 APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 10.1 Shared Accommodation Providers Association (trading as SAPA) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is SAPA of 79 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOUWe may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site sapauk.org or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in face-to-face meetings and events. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service or use the social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We will use this information to carry out our obligations to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUWe will use this information:
- A) To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- B) To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- C) As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- D) To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- E) To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- A) We may share your personal information with any member of our group, including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- B) We may disclose your personal information to the successor who takes over our business providing that we will take reasonable steps to ensure their intention to operate the business with the same ethical standards as us and is in compliance with the Data Protection legislation.
- C) If SAPA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy and confidentiality from unauthorised access and improper use.
12 YOUR RIGHTS
- 12.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the email(s) provided below.
- 12.2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13 ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 15.2 Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers. This means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies.